Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal - web reporting & Sql Server userid/password

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbm

Programmer
Apr 27, 2000
US
I am using crystal reports with the web reporting component, viewing reports thru the reportviewers.
Here is what I am doing:

report1.rpt?init=java&user0=myuser&password0=mypassword

When the report comes up in the viewer the user can see the user and password displayed. How can I keep the user from seeing that?

Also - I get reprompted for that same user and password multiple times - any idea why?

Is there a way to view the reports via the web thru a vb component (.dll) that is registered thru mts? (without the client needing anything installed on their computer?)

Thank you! [sig][/sig]

In ASP code, you would pass the username and password to "LogOnServer" method as follows:

Set Session("oApp") = Server.CreateObject("Crystal.CRPE.Application")

Session(&quot;oApp&quot;).LogOnServer &quot;pdsodbc.dll&quot;, &quot;<DSN>&quot;, &quot;<Database Name>&quot;, &quot;<Username>&quot;, &quot;<Password>&quot;

By that, you would pass your database login information securely. I hope that would help. :) [sig]<p>Ossama Gharib<br><a href=mailto:eek:gharib@link.com.eg>ogharib@link.com.eg</a><br><a href= to Link Development</a><br>[/sig]

When the report comes up in the viewer the user can see the user and password displayed. How can I keep the user from seeing that?

Use client side JavaScript to open a new window and present the report. In this new window remove the address bar from the window.

Also - I get reprompted for that same user and password multiple times - any idea why?

Chances are you have a sub report. these need to also me logged into.

Is there a way to view the reports via the web thru a vb component (.dll) that is registered thru mts? (without the client needing anything installed on their computer?)

Why would you want to do this? [sig]<p>Steven Fowler<br><a href=mailto:info@fowlerconsulting.com>info@fowlerconsulting.com</a><br><a href= Consulting</a><br>[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back