Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Viewer Won't Print

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocFKNx

Programmer
Jan 2, 2002
US
I've found that one of the more frustrating aspects of Crystal 8, 8.5, 9 is a clear cut understanding of what DLLs need to be distributed for runtime. I currently have an installation that now will not print from the viewer. You can hit the print button, select a page range, and hit OK but nothing happens. I'm using the OCX version of the viewer and currently distributing these DLLs:

Sscsdk80.dll version 2.3.4.1
Pg32conv.dll version 1.0.0.1
Crpe32.dll version 8.5.217
P2sodbc.dll version 8.5.0.72
Craxdrt.dll version 8.5.217
Crviewer.dll version 8.5.217

The last 2 I'm registering on the workstation via regsvr32.exe.

I don't understand why they have to make this so complicated. Just gimme a HUGE DLL that has FULL functionality of EVERY feature.

Any ideas on why my workstations can't print?

Thanks!

X

Welcome to the joys of packaging & deploying applications... ;-)

You should have a close look at the online help on runtime deployment requirements (that file comes with the Developer version of Crystal).

Cheers,
- Ido CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

That DLL list is the product of my researching the runtime.hlp files (Crystal 8.5), runtime.chm files (Crystal 9) and email tech support from Crystal itself. I was hoping someone here might have a 'working' list at this point ; ).

X

Are you using custom code in the Print button event of the CRViewer?

Cheers,
- Ido CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Nope purely stock viewer configuration.

X

DocFKNx, did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am having the same trouble on 3 of our 100 users. They can see the report but when they click the built-in stock Print Button it does nothing.

Thanks

No I haven't found a fix to this yet. I've tried pretty much everything including reinstalling the entire runtime distribution. It's baffling.

X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back