Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Viewer does not download 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

taranis

Programmer
Jan 31, 2001
US
I am using the Crystal Viewer that comes with version 8.5. The viewer works fine on my development machine when I access reports from the webserver. The problem is that when another client attempts to run reports that does not has crystal installed the ActiveX Viewer does not download. I have removed all security checks on IE which has no effect. What could be the problem here!!!

Hi,

Are you passing the report viewer parameter, e.g. init=ACTX in the url? If so, and the report viewer still does not download to the client PC, there may be a different configuration problem on that PC or there may be a problem with the IP cache server for the network.

I can't offer specific troubleshooting except to let you know that I've run into similar problems with some client PCs where they've had to have a new hard drive image mapped because they just couldn't download a report viewer, or in some cases, an ActiveX control on an ASP page, while all other client PCs at the same location were running these controls with no problem. If it's a problem for an entire location or network, check on the IP cache server.

Good luck!
Adele Miller
Application Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back