Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CRYSTAL SQL DESIGNER QUERY 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossallen

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2003
AU
Using Crystal SQL Designer(32) For Windows Version 8
Need help with what the exact Version of SQL that this is based on so that I know what statements are acceptble.
Is anyone aware of a good reference source for learning Crystal SQL Designer?

Many Thanks

I used to use SQL with Crystal 8.5. What I did was to develope the code in SQL and then simply post it to Crystal SQL Designer. Have you got SQL?

Incidentally, you shouldn't have used BLOCK CAPITALS for your thread title, it is equivalent to shouting.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

The version of SQL that is available within the SQL Designer depends on the database to which you connect and the method of connectivity (ODBC, Oracle native, etc...).

I've created Queries in T-SQL and PL/SQL without incident.

If you have any option at all, however, I'd avoid using Crystal Queries. They were deprecated with CR9 in favor of the embedded and more functional SQL Command Objects. One of the primary downsides of building a report based on a Crystal Query is that you can never set the location of the datasource within a report to anything else. If you ever upgrade and want to change the datasource, you'll have to rebuild the report from scratch (unless you have CE10 or BOEXI and use the data migration tool).

Is there anyway you can use a View or Stored Procedure?

~Kurt

You should know that even Crystal stopped suggesting that people use this as it is no longer supported.

Build Views on the database to promote reusability and simplfy maintenance.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back