Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Server XI Setup-CMS Logon-invalid password 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaleph

MIS
Dec 3, 2006
GB
Hi,
Im installing Crystal XI .During setup its asking me to log onto the CMS with user name "Administrator".
The documentation says leave password blank and choose
Authentication "Enterprise".
When I click on "Log On" I get an error "Unable to log on to CMS".

Is there actually a default password ? Im installing on Windows.

Thank you.

Al

in addition the CMS Field is actually blank in the
"Crystal Reports Server XI Setup" screen.

Al.

Hi,
I fixed it by uninstalling Crystal Server XI Totally and reinstalling.

Al.

I have come across this same "Unable to log on to CMS" error message after installing Crystal Server XI. I accepted all the default installation options but am unable to get started with Crystal, the installation warned that if I didn't log on to the CMS it would not be able to enable the servers I had installed. It took ages to install so I'm reluctant to start over again. Anyone found an alternative to completely reinstalling?

Are you installing on Oracle 10g? Is the XML Db installed also?

If so, you'll hit the same problems I did.The issue is the XML DB installed by default by the Oracle Installer.

The XML DB Default ports are HTTP port 8080 and FTP port 2100. Just the ports (HTTP for sure) that Enterprise also defaults to.

You can either :

1. Shut down the listener, thus allowing XI Setup to access 8080. I did this initially but is not a long term solution as you'd have to stop the listener, start the BOXI Services and then restart the listener after every reboot. Not a good idea for a production environment.

2. Reassign the default ports XML DB uses from 8080 and 2100 to 8081 and 2111 respectively. Do this before installing BOXI.

To reassign the ports look to
The article gives several options for reassigning the ports XML DB utilises.

You could also check the BOXI install logs or the web server logs to see if they accurately state the issue although I never did that myself. [purpleface]
It would be interesting to see what the logs actually capture, if this is your issue.

If your not installing on Oracle 10g then I'm stumped.

Good luck,

Mick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back