Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Server XI R2 - How can I restore the CMS database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSSFisgard

Technical User
Nov 7, 2006
Hey guys,

I'm stuck. Our servers all went down and I now am re-installing Crystal Server XI R2. I have backups of the filestore and the CMS database, but I'm having a hell of a time restoring the MySql database. Any help in the process would really ber appreciated. Thanks

Hi,
What problems are you having?..
You should be able to configure the CMS to connect to the MySql database that was restored and, as long as the Servers point to the correct filestore locations,all should work as before.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Hi Turk,

I'm stalled at the start really. I've got the backup .sql file sitting there, and trying to run a restore. thats where I'm getting stopped. I can't seem to be able to run a restore properly. to be honest, I'm the shits with MySql stuff so this could be part of it. haha. Could you step me through a restore of MySql?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back