Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal - Select Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProgEval

MIS
Sep 21, 2006
US
I have a report that is showing me a report of records with a RecordID(number field). I am having an issue when I try to limit that list to one RecordID. The RecordID does exist in the original report. I create a condition that where the RecordID equal the number I want to see. When done with that select criteria, if I choose "Used Saved Data" in the Change of Record Selection Formula dialog box I get my results. Although, when I refresh the report I lose all my results for that RecordID.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing me a problem?
Thanks in advance.

In addition, when I do a "browse data" on that RecordID I only get the first couple options, when I should get many more.

Please go to report->selection formula->record and copy the formula into this thread.

-LB

{View__cr_670.Date} in {?START DATE} to {?END DATE} and
{View__cr_670.SurveyID} = 25666.00

Is the SurveyID what you are calling the "Record ID"?

-LB

Yes, it is. Sorry for not making that more clear.

I can't think of why a report would show data when using saved data and not when refreshing--unless you are using two different date ranges and the record does not fall within the date range. I think you'd better show a sample of the results for the record in question, including the date field, and then show your parameter selections for date.

Also try verifying the database (database->verify database)--maybe the record was changed since the data was last saved.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back