Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

crystal rpts - show null values 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2002
US
Hi..
Hope anyone can help. I am trying to show null values - another words, I have a rpt to show all names, even if they don't produce anything?

Thanks,
J

What is your report doing now? What behavior are you trying to avoid?

More details please.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

I have a rpt that is reporting sales info. I have some months that reps do not sale anything. Therefore, these do not show up on rpt b/c their sales activity is null. I need for these reps to show no matter of null activity. This is happening when I group by rep names.

Txs,
J

Try switching to a left-outer join. If you have more than 2 tables, you will need LOJ's all the way across.

-Gary

I really appreciate that.. could this join be done in crystal rather than Access?

Txs,
J

i believe the join should be done in access rather than crystal as crystal is an interface of an report.

when i do crystal report, i try to work everything off from my sql. this will gaurantee me that everything will be pull out. if there are some duplicates (not complex), i will create formular or do suppress if duplicates in crystal.

hope this help! :)

m

To do it in Crystal, go to the Visual Linking Expert, right click the link, select Link Options and switch to Left-Outer Join.

-Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back