Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports XI and SQL Query Analyzer ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRXIuser2005

Programmer
Sep 23, 2005
US
Can someone with Crystal Reports experience and SQL Query Analyzer experience comment on the pros and cons of each product?

We are noticing that CR XI is a very powerful reporting package and is able to handle everything SQL QA can do and much more.

What are your thoughts on the benefits and dissadvantages of the 2 packages when compared head to head against each other???

Thank you.

MV

"A man is only as happy, as he makes up his mind to be....

Query analyzer = Reporting Services ? :p

------
"There's a man... He's bald and wears a short-sleeved shirt, and somehow he's very important to me. I think his name is Homer."
(Jack O'Neill, Stargate)
[banghead]

I'm not sure what Reporting Services is, but what I'm referring to is MS SQL Server 2000 Query Analyzer vs. Crystal Reports XI.

I'm interested in hearing from anyone that has experience using BOTH CR XI and Query Analyzer... to find out which one they prefer...AND WHY....the WHY is the most important info that i'm seeking.

Our tech department is in the process of having a head to head battle between the two to see which one to promote/use.???

Thanks

Thank you.

MV

I don't really understand what you are trying to compare.
Query Analyzer is used to write SQL Code, Crystal Reports is used to display data back to the end user(amd make it look pretty) Crystal is a reporting tool, Query Analyzer is a development tool. Like vongrunt said are you sure you did not mean Reporting Services. Because Reporting Services and Crystal Reports are the same kind of tool so it makes sense to compare those two

“I sense many useless updates in you... Useless updates lead to fragmentation... Fragmentation leads to downtime...Downtime leads to suffering..Fragmentation is the path to the darkside.. DBCC INDEXDEFRAG and DBCC DBREINDEX are the force...May the force be with you" --

I concur with SQLDenis and vogrunt, the comparison should be like against like.

CrystalXI = COGNOS ReportNet = SQLServer Reporting Services (or thereabouts)

These tools have greater visual functionality in report/query creation (to mention but one) compared to Query Analyzer as QA was designed for different purposes.

Let me know if I've confused you.

Cheers

the Microsoft BI/DW community

YESSSSSS

CRYSTAL REPORTS XI vs SQL REPORTING SERVICES

What is the difference, pros cons, and why do you choose to use CR or why do you choose SQL RS?????

Sorry, I didn't think this would be that complicated.

Basically, CR VS ALL COMPETITORS..is what I'm seeking....what are your thoughts??????

thx

Thank you.

MV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back