Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports with Zetafax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukester0122

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2003
US
We're in the process of implementing ZetaFax in our organization. Some of our forms were created in Crystal Reports 8.5. We print these forms from our ERP system. Anybody have implemented ZetaFax with Crystal Report, do we need to write a code in Crystal Report to get the fax no. of the customer before we fax?

We have had a positive experience using zetafax with CR8.5.
We embedded the %% and fax number for each address (group header) and printed to the client. Worked a treat. We have run into a small snag with CR9.0. May be linked to Unicode.

Lochbel

Can you give me any idea what you embedded in every report. We decided not to implement CR9.0 for now. Thanks.

Our users print the CR to a Zetafax "printer" which is the local zetafax client.

We create a formula field in CR8.5 and inserted it in the Company group header.

Zetafax has a help file showing varying options and formats.
Zetafax is seeking the %%.

Example of layout:

"%%[To:" + {tablename.FAXNO} + "," + {tablename.CO_NAME}+ "]"

eg. %%[To:999999999999,Company ABC]

Would recommend using a Courier or TNR font.

cheers

Lochbel

Hi lochbel

You mention you are having problems with Crystal Version 9, is the problem you are having that Zetafax ignores the embedded addressing commands? If I export the report to Word, it sends fine, so the %% commands are Ok, but I can't use Word in my final solution

If this is the same problem, have you made any progress?

Any help appreciated

Alex

Yes, zetafax is not recognising the embedded command when we upgraded to CR9 five months ago. Due to other priorities at the time we did have resources to rectify this, so we elected to stay with CR8.5 (which continues to work troublefree).

As luck would have it, we are planning to look at this in more detail over the next couple of weeks.

I suspect it is linked to the unicode changes, but this is pure speculation at this stage.

Will keep you posted.

Lochbel

sorry, small typo in previous post..
"Due to other priorities at the time we did *not* have resources to rectify this, so we elected to stay with CR8.5 (which continues to work troublefree)."

Lochbel

ALWEB99
Sorry for the very loooooong delay,
We are currently looking at CR9 with Zetafax and have been advised that Zetafax does not currently work with this version of CR.

Did you manage any work around?

regards
Lochbel

Lochbel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back