Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports will not run from VB6 Urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidgull

Programmer
Jul 2, 2000
US
I am using Crystal Reports from VB6 and it refuses to work.&nbsp;&nbsp;It seems like it runs, but the report does not stay on the screen, I get no error messages.&nbsp;&nbsp;I am accessing and Access database and have no problems connecting to the database.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have designed the report and it runs fine from Crystal 4.6, shipped with VB6.&nbsp;&nbsp;I am passing an argument for one record.&nbsp;&nbsp;This is the code that should run Crystal.<br><br>Dim crRunReport As Integer<br>'Dim OrderPass As&nbsp;&nbsp;Public String<br><br>OrderPass = Me.OrdNo<br><br>CRReport.ReplaceSelectionFormula (&quot;{Bill_Header.Order_No} =&quot; & &quot;'&quot; & OrderPass & &quot;'&quot;)<br>CRReport.WindowState = crptMaximized<br>CRReport.PrintReport<br>CRReport.PageZoom (50)<br>

I haven't tested your code - but a report flash, (where a report flashes for a brief second but never raises an error) is usually associated with an error in the report code from within Crystal.<br><br>I work with the full versions of Crystal - 6,7,8 so I'm not familiar with the version shipped with VB. I've used it years ago.<br><br>I'll test the code and see if I get the same results.<br><br>Cody <br><br>

David,

I don't suppose you found a solution to this? I have just created the simplest of forms with a completely straightforward report (no parameters) - and when I run the report, the viewer just flashes and then disappears.

Thanks for any help you can give, Kate
[reading]

on the cr component on your form do you have the destination set to &quot;crpt to Window&quot;? ----------------
Joe

Hi,

Thanks Joe, I managed to sort it out - I had to change the permission on SQL so that it picked up NT logins - now it works fine!

Thanks for you help, Kate
[reading]

Hi,

Thanks Joe, I managed to sort it out - I had to change the permission on SQL so that it picked up NT logins - now it works fine!

Thanks for your help, Kate
[reading]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back