Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports Web Component and Tomcat

Status
Not open for further replies.

mz74

Programmer
Aug 4, 2002
GB
Hi

I am building a website in JSP and Servlets. I am using Tomcat as web server. There is a requirement to show some reports in this website. I have created some reports in Crystal Reports 8.
How can I publish these reports on the web? What are the possible ways to publish these reports on Tomcat?

Zaki

You can do a full install on Apache, but only if you're using DB2 or Oracle.

That is a good option but I want to use Tomcat because it is free. Any other suggestion?

Sorry, I guess I wasn't being very clear. I meant that you can use Apache Tomcat as your web server. If you're using a database other than the two I mentioned in the previous post though, you'll have to have your web server communicating with a Windows install. Otherwise, you can have the whole thing on unix.

Naith

I am using Oracle database and the site will be hosted on a windows 2000 server, I am using "Tomcat 3.3". Can you explain how can I publish the reports on Tomcat or where can I find such information?

Thnaks for your time and help.

Zaki

Web server installation and configuration information is available at the following link. It's aimed at Solaris, but is also functional for an Apache web server too.

Search for:

ce8_iplanet_solarisconnector.pdf

Naith

Check out Crystal Reports v9. It includes Java support.

Crystal Enterprise v8.5 Java SDK was recently released as well.

We have a web application developed in JAva and Struts middleware all this application is on Unix. WE have to develop some crystal reports using 8.5. Crystal Enterprise server is an NT machine.
Now how can I create an instance of application on NT server. How can I publish my reports.
Please help me.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back