Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports version 7 - OMEGA LEGAL ACCTG SYS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrionStar

Technical User
Dec 3, 2004
US
Dear Forum:

I have used Crystal Reports in the past with microsoft accesss data bases, but I've started a new position recently and I'm interested in using Crystal to build/run reports from an accounting system named: OMEGA LEGAL SYSTEM. This is an accounting system that is used in the legal field. QUESTION: Has anyone on the forum used Crystal Reports to access this type of accounting system? I'm interested in any potential problems or concerns.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

From their website:
At the data tier, Omega Legal provides SQL access to the database via industry-standard ODBC technology. You can use all of the leading spreadsheets, database front-ends, and general-purpose report writers to access the Omega Legal database and/or combine it with data from other sources for reporting and analysis.
So, it looks like you should be able to access the data with an ODBC connection. You'll just need to figure out what driver to use. They should be able to supply you with that info.

-dave

Vidru:

Thank you for your input. This is a very large law firm and the Network Manager was concerned about the effect Crystal Reports would have on the file server that the progam is residing on. From my past experience with Crystal, I did not see any potentional problems and your input helps. I'm glad for your reply.

Mike

I have seen some 'medium' load on some SQL servers from some larger reports were alot of records are return and if lots of sub reports are used.

If load is a big factor you way want to use a scheduler to process reports on off hours.

We use Report Scheduler from to run all of our reoccuring reports on off hours then they are emailed or printed for us in the morning.

Good Luck !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back