Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports Server XI - Infoview

Status
Not open for further replies.

techie2

Programmer
Jul 28, 2004
US
Hi,

Trying to Set up Crystal Reports Server XI.

I had lots of issues and all are pretty much solved but this one, When I try to view InfoView, I get following message:

Sorry, you do not have the right to execute this action. If you require this right, please see your system administrator.

I used Administrator account to log on to InfoView, which has all the priviledges.

Any idea what might be causing that problem.

Thanks in Advance.

V

Check in the CMC underManage-Applications - Info View.
See if the rights for Everyone are set too low.

Bob Suruncle

Hi,

I did check the rights for everyone and they are set OK.

However, since I am trying to Log in using Administrator account, rights for Everyone should not matter.

Any more thoughts.

Thanks,

V

Select the properties icon for the object in Infoview and on your dashboard properties change the "Select the Report Content:" to On Demand. It always fails when you use either of the lastest instance selections.

-JJP

Hi,

I can NOT LOG ON to Infoview at all. I get this error message while trying to log onto Infoview.

Error Message:
Sorry, you do not have the right to execute this action. If you require this right, please see your system administrator

V

Are you able to login into Crystal management Console with that administrator ID ? My other question will be which authentication type do you have ?

Hi,

Unistall and fresh install of CE fixed this problem.

Thanks for all the replies.

V

Thanks for the info. I am running into the same problem. So it looks I'll have to reinstall, too.

-LW

OK,

Here is what I did.

Un-installed CR XI and Crystal Reports Server XI.

Installed Visual Studio.Net 2003

Installed CR XI and Business Object Enterprise including Java and .Net kit.

Java kit programs, Infoview and CMC worked fine.

I had to set virtual directories for .Net to make them working.

I tested everything with Enterprise Authentication.

Hope this helps.

V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back