Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports Server Export to Excel - Field Headings

Status
Not open for further replies.

NixyJ

MIS
Jul 13, 2004
GB
Crystal Reports XI
Crystal Reports Server XI
PostgreSQL 8.0 DB
WinXP Desktop
Excel 2003

Hi there,

I have designed a report in CRXI and have a number of field headings that are wrapped.

When I export to Excel straight from CRXI and open the Excel file, the cells containing the field headings have word wrapping turned on and the report displays correctly.

I have now published the report to Crystal Report Server but when it is scheduled to run to Excel format, with EXACTLY the same options set as if you were performing "Save As" from within CRXI, the resulting file does not have word wrapping in those cells, and therefore will require reformatting before being distributed, which kind of defeats the object!!!!!

Please can anyone suggest any help?

Many thanks,
NixyJ

You probably have different DLLs involved, perhaps someone applied the patch to CR but not to CRS?

Not sure what a Save As has to do with anything, that's for saving files in CR format.

I tend to use the data only option when exporting to Excel, and I create a parameter to prompt the user if they want a data only dump and then turn sections off/on to just do a columnar dump in that instance.

-k

Along this Excel Export topic - I also use the data only option. Is there any way to get the columns to automatically be as wide as the data in them? I always end up with scruntched up reports, and we want to send directly to clients, so I need them formatted nicer.

Thanks!

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply - apologies for the "save as" waffle, had clearly lost the plot at that point in time - I meant exporting to Excel from CR.

You may well have hit on a point about the DLLs, I do all of the maintenance of our CR machines but recently had to do a rebuild on the server that houses CRS... I'm just wondering if SP1 was also reapplied - will give it a go!

Many thanks,
Nx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back