Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports outer join error with Progress 9.1B

Status
Not open for further replies.

rylars

Technical User
Oct 31, 2001
US
I have just started to use Crystal Reports version 8.5 with a Progress version 9.1B database. I am using the Merant 3.60 32 bit ODBC driver. I am having trouble with some simple reports and get the error "[Merant][ODBC PROGRESS driver] The keywords LEFT OUTER JOIN were not found in an outer join escape sequence". I have tried the Progress and Crystal Decisions knowledge bases and have found some recommendations but still haven't been able to get the reports to work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I haven't used Crystal Reports but I do use ODBC with Progress 9.1b database. I use MERANT 3.70 driver and haven't experienced and trouble. You may want to give the 3.70 drive a try. There is a demo version available.

diamond6, I'm not sure if Merant still offers it for download. I actually called and ordered a CD. A single workstation license is $100 but I believe you can get the driver to run for a month off the CD w/o purchasing a license.

We're still using Progress 9.1b but I've heard Merant's driver comes with 9.1c. I'd call Progress for clarification on this.

We are running Crystal 8.5 on Progress 9.1d. During the setup, we had to install a fix to the client registry for the outer join. The fix was supplied by Epicor (our ERP vendor) but seagate and/or progress should be aware of the issue. Among the fixes, we include on each client "pgpro915" in the OpenIngres registry (regedit path: HKEY_Current_User/software/seagate software/crystal reports/database options/outer join/ Open Ingres) On a window 2000 workstation, the registry can be found by going to start-run and typing regedit.

Also, I found an SQL Union statement was still too complicated for the Crystal Report 8.5. So, I created a Union table in the Crystal SQL Designer as an intermediate table for the report query. Our report process includes updating the design query immediately before running the CR report.

Hope this sheds light on the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back