Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports only includes "Next Actions" in report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baird3

Technical User
Aug 5, 2004
US
I'm running Crystal Reports 8.5 to generate reports from Goldmine 6. I want to log all the work we've done under one activity code. But when I create the report it only includes the history entries that are categorized as "Next Action." None of the calls, calls in, calls out, appointments show up in the report. How do I get Crystal Reports to recognize and include all these other types of history entries?

I would go to Pull down menu Report>>Edit Selection Formula>>Record. You will get a window that will most likely show this: {ContHist.RECTYPE} = "T" and possibly other selection criteria. Rather than including all rectypes you will probably want set the report to select a subset of them.

Doug Steinschneider
DCS Group LLC
Fairfield, CT

Doug, thanks for the pointer. I did as you said and found that there was no coding for Record Type ... all the record types were included in the report, but they were sorted, so that I didn't notice them. Now I'm trying to figure out how to turn off the sorting. Thanks for the pointer, it'll come in handy.

Baird

Did you check the Group rather than Record in the same menu. You can filter at the group level also.

Doug Steinschneider
DCS Group LLC
Fairfield, CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back