Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports - Losing Data When Parameter Entered

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbear10

Technical User
Dec 23, 2009
CA
Hi All,

I am creating a cross-tab that should contain ALL codes & the # of times it is used each month. If the code has a not been used for a given month, it should still appear with a value of 0.
If I don't have a start/end date parameter, I get ALL the codes for all the months/years. I also get the codes that have not been used & its value is 0 (which is how it should be).
However, I want to specify what year to show. So when I add the start/end date parameter, I loose the codes that have a value of 0.
I have a left outer join on the codes table.
I can't understand this for the life of me. Shouldn't a left outer join get everything?

I'm trying to use formulas, but that doesn't seem to work either. How can I get around this issue?

Hi,
If the start/end dates are in the linked table ( the right-hand one),then using that selection criteria will convert the left-outer to a equi-join.

Try a redesign using a subreport or try creating a command object that handles the query without using the dates in the 'where' clause ( like with an inline view or subquery)

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Thanks Turkbear.

I tried the approach of using a subreport & I am still losing my codes.
Whether I create a subreport for each month or 1 subreport with all months, I am still losing my codes.

Any other ideas?

Oh...sweet!!! I got it to work! Although I was using the subreport, I was still linking the dates in the selection criteria. Took that out & its all looking good...thanks for the idea Turkbear :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back