Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports load error

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickspace

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2005
US
I've written an ASP.net 2.0 app that allows users to run crystal reports. The site works flawlessly on my dev server but when I publish it on the prod server, the crystal report viewer bar does not load. Instead I get "Submit query" label for all the crystal buttons (print, export, last page, etc.) I have attached an image of that screen. I checked the page source and made sure that the crystal style sheet and the related images do exist in the directories that the page references. I checked the permissions on these folder and added the internet anonymous user to the security with read\write access. That did not help. Anyone else seen or read about this error? I have searched without success on tek-tips and SAP server marketplace.

Search using Google. Also, go to the businessobjets website. I belive there are merge modules, etc. that need to be installed/loaded on the server.

Sorry, I should have added that to the post. I did download and install CRRedist2005_x86.msi because that's what I read somewhere. But that did not help either.

thanks for your help, jbenson. i finally got it to work. I was a permissions issue on the server.

you installed the msi on the server, or locally? it needs to be installed on the server.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

nickspace,

Would you be able to tell me the server permissions you have to add? I have the same issue, but it's on a server that's hosted. I've already asked them to check to make sure the 'Network Service' user has permissions to the C:\Windows\temp folder, but that has not worked.

Thanks

i did not have to add any permissions. I'm running my apps on our company intranet which we host internally.

if you are using shared hosting you will need to work with the vendor to get them to install the package.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back