Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports Graphs

Status
Not open for further replies.

homeguard

IS-IT--Management
Jul 12, 2007
US
I need to make some graphs off of the information that Crystal Reports has made. I have Crystal xcelsious and love the dashboards you can make with it. I was wondering if there is something like Xcelsious for Crystal Reports that will be auto updating?

Homeguard,
I was looking at Crystal Reports 2008 with Excelius last month! The two have the functionality to add an Xcelius swf file to Crystal reports and be updated by a subreport. You have to create the object in Xcelsius first using an Excel spreadsheet, then import the swf into Crystal Reports 2008.
Using a coma delimited subreport, then data in the report is updated. That is as far As I got with it. Look at CR2008 for more info
Good luck

Yes, you can embed Flash into a Crystal Report 2008 RPT file and then bind it to CR data. Since Xcelsius is Flash, you can effectively use CR 2008 as a data bridge to pass data into your Xcelsius.

When you're doing this be aware that printing and exporting is not supported for Flash objects. We recommend using the Flash as interactive online mini-dashboards in your Crystal Report, and then using regular CR charts for printing. With CR 2008 you can add an interactive parameter that controls the 'view' of the report - this parameter can show/hide certain sections. Changing an interactive parameter doesn't force a data refresh. So the design pattern we recommend is to put your Flash in a section that is visible when the 'view' parameter is set to some value like 'online', and then put a chart or other visual representation in a section that is visible when the parameter is set to 'print'.

This way you get the best of both worlds.

We are working on ways to improve this workflow in coming releases and service packs.

Cheers, Blair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back