Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports/GP Check Number field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vergence

Programmer
Jun 15, 2004
US
I'm working on a check listing for Crystal going into Great Plains SQL and I'm having trouble finding a particular field. I'm looking to list the check number next to the listing for each payment but the only fields i am finding are:

#1 CHEKNMBR in PM10000 : A work table that gets cleared everytime someone posts the transactions. Data is not stored in this field anyway because you can't write a check for an invoice unless you're posted it in AP first.

#2 CHEKNMBR in PM80800 : This table is empty... seemingly always.

So I want know, when I write a check with check number 1234 to pay off document(invoice) number 0042 and then pay it, where does that relationship get stored? I can pull it from a report in Great Plains so I know it is there. I just don't know where to look. BTW the tablename in the above-mentioned report is PM_CHECK_REGISTER_TEMP which doesn't exist when I browse tables from Crystal. (sounds like a file that gets built and deleted every time the Check Register is run). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Vergence

Try looking in the PM30300 table, which is the 'Apply to History File'.

When you post a check and apply it to an invoice, and the invoice is paid in full, it moves to history. The 'Apply To' table stores the links between invoice and check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back