Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports from the web 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtyB

Programmer
Mar 13, 2001
US
I have ASP pages that hit Access and SQL Server databases. I now am writing ASP pages to show Crystal reports from these databases. I have been told that you can call the report simply from a hyperlink. I have also been told that you must set the report as an object and write tons of extra ASP code to get the reports to show properly? I looked at some sample ASP code from Seagate and there are HUNDREDS of lines of code to get the reports to show over the web. I am using Crystal 8. Can someone please tell me the definitive most effecient way to show Crystal Reports through ASP code? If I have a report that does not need to be dynamic, what is the simplest way to show it? no parameters, or anything.

Wow, thanks everybody. I got my problem resolved with a TON of asp code. With that aside, I just started recieving emails that people were posting to my question. I wrote that question last May. I hope no one has been working on this for the last 9 months and is just now getting back to me! :) Just kidding, thanks for your help guys, I could send you all some code that I used if you need it.

DirtyB,
Can you please share the code with us. I'm sure there are many of us struggling to solve the same issue.

Thanks

I would also be interested in the code. Is it possible to have the sample code?

Sorry guys, haven't checked this recently. My information may not be accurate, let me know if you all have descrepancies, but here is what I have found:

If you have no parameters, you can simply call a report in the URL, but there are weird issues I have never resolved with refreshing the data from the web(the lightning bolt in the crystal viewer, NOT refering to browser refresh). So these reports are pretty static, not very useful.

If you have parameters or need the refresh guy to work, you have to do EVERYTHING through ASP code. We made HTML forms and accepted the parameters, then we took the rptServer page(this is a page of asp code that Seagate provides in all of it's examples. you pretty much have to take this page and modify it ALOT to get this stuff to work) and passed variables to it. If you guys want to see this page, you can get it from Seagate, or if you want, post your email addresses and i'll send you the rptServer that we modified that currently works.

keep in mind though, that I haven't worked with Crystal since last may (mentioned above) so i'll help if I can, but i'm a little rusty.

Hello DirtyB,
Here is my email address: rainny33684@yahoo.com. Will you please send me what you have to make it work. Your helps is greatly appreciated.

My email address is dzavad@yahoo.com. Thank you for your help.

No problem...I'll pull out the "company specific" stuff and email it to you guys tomorow.

email to
EWong@onlinedocuments.com

DirtyB,

If possible could you send (PReeder2001@yahoo.com) the code to me as well. I am late in getting in on this conversation but my company will soon need such a distribution method.

Thanks

Last guy to enter the room says "what the?", I'd be very interested in a copy of your code as well.
Struggling with Enterprise, like to try another avenue.

Cheers,

nickfatool@hotmail.com

Can you show me the code also, I am having problemms also with forms and sending the parameters from those forms to crystal reports.

Yours,

Marc

MarcWittev:

Post your email and i'll send it to you.

Wouldn't it be easier just to post the code here? Or maybe write up a FAQ and point people to it?

(For those of us who don't need it right now, but know they may in the future)

Yes, post code if you can. If not, please email me:

rosemary@microflo.com

eternally grateful, have been playing with this for some time.... Rosemary Lieberman
rosemary@microflo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back