Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports from DAO recordset

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwhalen

Programmer
Oct 31, 2000
CA
Is this possible? I am using Crystal version 4.5 or 5 and VB 5. Can I create a Crystal Report from a recordset in my VB program? Alternatively, can I pass a VB global variable that the user enters to my Crystal Report and then do my formula from there? I need a way to use data OTHER than directly accessing the database. PLEASE HELP!!!

mwhalen,
instead of using a recordset, use the querydef property of the crystal control. It is also possible for you to pass your global variable to be use in your crystal report formulas.
e.g.
crystal1.querydef="select * from employee"
crystal1.formula(0)={name_of _d_variable...}

okay, but then how do I set up my Crystal Report? Instead of inserting a database field, what do I insert on my actual report?

also, I have sort of set my reportsource property on my Crystal Report control on my VB form to a data control. It is referencing the right info but is displaying it in some sort of report. I am not telling it to display in this format but I can't seem to control it. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back