Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports: Database Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealthtron

Programmer
Jul 2, 2003
PH

"DBProcess is dead or not enabled." - Anyone here who has an idea what exactly is causing this in Crystal Reports? (Btw, I'm using CR v8.5)

Thank you in advance.

Hi Qu1ncy,

Cool! Thanks for the effort in paving for a good insight on what's causing the prob--which has something to do with a no. of factors that aborts a SQL connection for a return set back to a requesting client.

The documentation pointed out in page 163 has been very helpful, with similar terms used in that of MS SQL Server's-- where my CR report connects to--(which is not surprising as it had its roots from Sybase SQL Server). Thank you.

I'm left with still one issue though:
At the time I received the "DBProcess is dead or not enabled" runtime msg in Crystal, I tried refreshing SQL Analyzer for the report's same underlying stored procedure; and, as opposed to what was expected, I was able to connect. Hmmm... strange!? (just my curiosity ;-))

Tnx again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back