Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports connecting to Oracle 9i

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsprogrammer

Programmer
Jun 26, 2006
CA
Good morning everyone!

I have a crystal report that I am connecting to Oracle, I have three views that I need to incorporate into this report. I go into Crystal and select to add a database, I can add them fine however, when I close out of the popup menu, I get an error saying:

odbc error: [microsoft][odbc driver for oracle]driver not capable

Does anyone have any ideas on what this can be?

Thanks in advance!

Microsoft ODBC for ORACLE is not ideal. Use the ODBC driver from ORACLE for your specific ORACLE version. This should have been loaded as part of your original ORACLE client install.

I am not sure what the problem was with this, however, I have not changed anything, only shutting down over the weekend and it works fine this morning. Must have not loaded something on startup. Thanks for the help!

Hi,
Regardless of the fact that it is now working, stop using that ODBC driver and use an Oracle native connection...ODBC adds a layer to the process that may not always translate correctly..Since you have the Oracle client why not use it directly?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back