Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

crystal reports and visual studio 2005 express edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken011

MIS
Oct 13, 2006
US
Greetings again and thanks for all for your continued assistance.

Question: I have been trying now to integrate Crystal Reports into my app but just don't know how to get started.

I have been told it comes built in with visual studio 2003.

However, since my visual studion 2003 is not framework 2.0, I resorted to using visual studio 2005 Express edition (free version).

So my question is, can I use to invoke crystal reports?

Second question: To invoke crystal reports in visual studio, do I need to create the report first in crystal reports and then use visual studio to invoke it?

Sorry for these questions but I have been asked to build a report into my .net app and to make it crystal reports.

If there is any link out there to details how to integrate crystal reports into my asp.net app, please, please let me know.

Thank you!

I am building it for my company, which is a a Govt. agency and is an intranet and it is not for sale.

yeah...i do the same type of stuff. technically you should have a full version, but if it is only one project, i wouldn't worry about it.

even so...see if you run into any problems going through that document i put a link to in my last post.

David Kuhn

very, very useful information.

Thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back