Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports and Symposium

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenusSunz

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2001
US
Hello...

I am trying to create a formula in Crystal that will alow me to print a weekly Symposium report that will give me a weekly call average. This report will will be scheduled to print once a week, and the average calls will be based on the last 4 week total calls offered. Nothing seems the "check". Any takers on this? Ken?

Thanks!!

Do you mean the average number of calls per week?
That is the total number of calls for the 4 weeks divided by 4? Ken Hamady
On-site custom Crystal Reports Training and Consulting.
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB.

Yes, exactly! Every week I want a report that gives me a weekly average based on the prior 4 week totals. This is the prior 4 weeks worth of totals divided by 4. This should always be based on the prior 4 week totals.

Thanks.

Totals of specific numeric fields, or simply of the number of records in the past 4 weeks? Ken Hamady

Ken...
I am not sure I am understanding your question. I have
a CDN Performance report that gives me the total amount of
calls per week received to the CDN (extension number). I want to add a field called Weekly Call Average, which will be the sum of: 1) the current weekly total, and 2)the last 3 weeks total (a total of 4 weeks of calls)divided by 4.

I am not sure if the Weekly Call Total box is considered a numeric field, or number of records. It is however a field that shows the peg count of how many calls were received to a particular CDN or extension number.

Thanks.

We have to know what we are working with or we can't really help you. So, preview the report and click on each number that you want to use in your formula. In the lower left of your screen it will tell you what that object is. It will say something like:

Field {table.field}
Field {@field}
Field Sum of {table.field}

Tell us what each says. Ken Hamady

Ok..the existing the weekly report reads:
Total Offered: 55,555

When I click the box with the numbers (55,555), I see the following in the lower left hand corner:

Field: Sum of iCDNSTATCalls offered

Now, I want create a new field that will include the average based on the information in the above using the totals for the last 4 weeks.

I hope this helps you to help me.

Thanks Ken.

We are getting closer.

You only gave me one object description. Is this the only number needed to calculate your formula?

Which section of the report is this in?

Does the report currently only include the past 4 weeks or does it include more? Ken Hamady

This is a inherent weekly raw report that came with the Crystal/Symposium package. They are duplicates of the standard Symposium reports, however standard reports can't be manipulated.

On the left margin of the report, it says:

Design
Report Header a
Report Header b
Group Header #1:
iCDNSTAT CDN-A

In the actual report on the right it says:

CDN SUMMARIES:
Total Offered: 5,555
Total Amswered: 5,555
Total Terminated:5.555

On the left bottom margin of repor it says:

Group Header #2:
iCDNSTAT: Timestamp

In the actual report on the right it says:
WEKKLY SUMMARIES
Total Offered: 5,555
Total Answered: 5.555
Total Terminated:5,555

This information is identical.

Anywhere where there is a word, it is a text box. Where the numbers appear, it is Field: iCDNSTAT Calls Offered (Answerd or Termintated respectively)

The report is a inherent weekly report. It is a raw report included in the package when purchased (I can also pull up a interval, daily or monthly to be manipulated). I do believe that all my information should be pulled from the Total Offered box but including the information that appeared there in the prior 3 weeks.

It is going to take more than adding a formula to make the report do what you want to do. I am afraid that getting you to where you need to be will take more assistance than I can provide here in the forum.
Ken Hamady

cant help you with that but was wondering if you knew the registry hack on nt40 sp6a to allow Symposium Express 2.0 to install.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back