Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal reports and SBClient problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

omski

Programmer
Jan 30, 2003
GB
Hi

I have installed Informix SBClient 5 onto a Win2000 Pro machine. That bit went fine - however, now I can't use Crystal Reports at all. When I try to open a report in Crystal I get the following error

"Instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory "0x00000000". The memory could not be read."

When I try to run any VB apps using the Crystal Reports control I get the following error

"Automation error: The object invoked has disconnected from its clients"

I've installed the SBClient onto another machine and have had the same problem.

Any advice or help will be appreciated

OM

Sounds like a DLL got clobbered, or something in the registry.

Did you try reinstalling Crystal on either machine?

This might clobber SBClient, perhaps there's a DLL with the same name and no warning during the install.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

Thanks for your reply synapsevampire

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Crystal Reports on both machines - even tried installing SBClient 1st and then Crystal 2nd (and vice versa) - tried unregistering and re-registering the crystal controls - but no joy.

Crystal and SBClient do not give any warnings about replacing existing dlls or controls during the installations - but I believe that your right that it does replace something somewhere - just need to know what dll or control it messes up.

OMski

Had a similiar issue with SBClient and Crystal. This was the response from the company we got SBClient from:

This is in regards to your issue with Crystal Reports and the new SBClient.
Can you search the system32 directory on the workstation for a file called
u2licn.dll. If that exists, delete it (it won't work to rename it). SBClient
will use the copy in \tu\bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back