Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports and Grouping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freebs

Technical User
Feb 23, 2000
US
I am new to crystal, and am having problems. I am pulling from SQL, and am trying to get multiple companies with the same ID number to show up all on one page for mailing lists. I cant seem to get more than one entry per page. Does anyone know how I can make this work?

Choose Insert from the toolbar, then group. From the selection of fields provided choose the ID number needed. Click OK. This will group your data by ID number.

Linda - Thanks for your response. The problem isnt finding the id's. It is making a company with the same ID, but multiple contacts all appear on the same page. For instance, I have one company that has 10 associates listed under it. I want a report with both the main contact as well as the 10 associates on one page.

What links the company with it's contacts? Make that your second group under the company ID. Is the information in more than one table? If it is, make sure the tables are linked by the same field. Hope this helps!!!

Thank you for your help. I am not sure if that will help or not, but I really appreciate it.

Sounds like your grouping on contact might be formatted to reset the page number after/before each group. Make sure that option isn't checked and maybe that will help. You should have good control over where page breaks occur in Crystal. <p>Malcolm Wynden<br><a href=mailto:wynden@island.dot.net>wynden@island.dot.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back