Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports 9 ,Visual Basic 6 ,Install Shield Express 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

boggy77

Programmer
Jul 17, 2003
RO
Hello ,
I developped a VB6 application which uses Crystal Reports 9 (evaluation version). I built a kit with InstallShield Expres 4.0. and I installed the kit on a test machine.
The reports don't work . I get the following error
"Application-defined or object-defined error", error number is 713.

I must mention that i checked in InstallShield the "Seagate Registration Wizard" which came first from regwiz.msm ( which i modified with Orca as Crystal Support instructs) and second i tried with a "Seagate Registration Wizzard" component based on license.msm (also modified with
Orca).
What am i doing wrong here?
Any help would be appreciated , thank'you

Hello again,

I reinstalled the Crystal Reports 8 on the development machine and I rebuilt the kit. After I installed on the
deployment machine , I still got the error 50003.
I must mention that I am using VisualBasic 6 with reports embedded into VB as designers.
Install Shield Express 4.0 has a tool named "Perform dynamic scanning" in the Dependencies section. This tool actually monitors your application dll calls and finally displays a list with them . I ran the application , i tried to launch a report and these are the new files I got:
crheapalloc.dll
newdotnet4_88.dll
PS5UI.dll
hpcui05.dll
PSCRIPT5.dll
hpcprd05.dll
I added them on the kit and the reports start working on the installation machine.

The last four files seem to be printer driver specific ( i have a HP 1300 printer installed). Anyway I tried to remove them and report didn't work anymore on the installation machine.

Good luck!

Hi!

I got that 50003 error when I tried to install a VB app with a RDC 9 designer control. What was happening is that CR dlls are not registered on the client's machine registry, you have to register them manually always with regsrv32 and also you have to include all dependency files into your installation package.

Magda

You should try this... i hadthe same problem..

thread768-462438

i hope it helps You

Eli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back