Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports 9 VC_CRT Merge Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceoft

Programmer
Dec 9, 2002
US
Hi,
I have Crystal Reports 9 Developer and in order to use an ADO.NET dataset with a report, crystal says I have to include the VC_CRT.msm and VC_STL.msm merge modules in my setup project. Ok. Problem is, I can't find them anywhere! I've searched my entire hard drive, the entire installation cd, googled on the web, business object support site, reinstalled from scratch hoping it missed them the first time... nothing.

Has anyone else been missing these files?

Thanks!
Elijah

Check out this link.
The discussion here is about a KeyCode error, but it is a very helpful discussion with good visuals about where to find and how to add merge files to a dotnet application. You will probably need to join dotnetforums to see the screenshots, but it is within these screenshots that it all starts to make sense.

Thanks for your reply!
However, I added the other modules that I found in a download from BO (funny initials... wonder if they thought that through)

Still nothing about vs_crt or anything, but i deployed it and it worked anyway... and I really am using a dataset to fill the report... weird. Guess their docs are wrong, you don't really need those (or at least I don't).

Oh well.

-Elijah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back