Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports 8 and GL question

Status
Not open for further replies.

vree

IS-IT--Management
Dec 31, 2002
US
Using Peachtree 2003 Complete and Crystal Reports 8
(I dont know if I am chasing my tail.)
Please tell me if this is possible...
In Peachtree we bill for services that are distributed to multiple GL's. The PT Invoice, prints each GL amount as an individual line item, which causes confusion with our customers. I need a way to have an invoice which shows only the total cost for a service, not the individual distribution of GL's.
Can I design an invoice report in Crystal that can handle this? I am very new to Crystal, and am not totally aware of it's capabilities, but am getting nowhere in PT.
PT tech support suggested charging whole amount at the line item level, and then doing a journal entry to move to the appropriate GL's.

Example:
Service Price= $125 100, goes to GL100, 25 goes to GL150

Invoice needs to only say:
Service One Cost $125.00
Thank you for your help.
victoria

vree

"For a succesful technology, reality must take precedence over public
relations, for nature will not be fooled."
R.Feynman

I don't know the Peachtree Accounting system, so I will talk generally here. Assuming you can connect to and correctly join the tables that include the PT Invoice Information (down to the GL line level), then yes, what you want to do is very do-able in Crystal. It would involve using Grouping to arrive at the total you want to see and suppressing the detail used to calcualate the total.

What is a "GL"...Group Level??

Jim Broadbent

The quality of the answer is directly proportional to the quality of the problem statement!

Jim,

Ok, I'm sure you actually know what is intended by GL (given the context of the user's reference to Peachtree) and were just asking for the sake of clarity. But, in case you don't, in this context GL is General Ledger.

Now now no quarreling..LOL thanks you all. Thanks FVTraniner, I took home the PT DDF list to try to locate the fields I would need to accomplish the task. Since you dont know the PT accounting system, it may be a bit hard to explain, but the grouping levels are going to be the problem. PT has one line item entry for every GL appropriation. I can retrieve that no problem. However, since we are a service org, and have no inventory, there are not item numbers etc, to group on, my only choice is the GL itsself. I appreciate your time, and I am working on it.
I believe I have located the necessary fields will just have to work on it. thanks again.

vree

"For a succesful technology, reality must take precedence over public
relations, for nature will not be fooled."
R.Feynman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back