Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports 8,5 Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominator22m

Programmer
Oct 15, 2003
GB
Hi there,

I am having a problem with crystal reports 8.5. I have a report with a sub report. The main reports is all the vehicles in the database within a specified date. This works fine i have done it by passing a recordset. Now all the vehicle names in the report are hyperlinked to a sub report. I want to be able to get the name of the one the user click, then from this i will be able to create another recordset of the chosen ones and display in the sub report.
Sort of like a filter.

Any help or guidance any one can offer on this subject will be greatly appreciated

Thanx In Advance

Brian

Bad spellers of the world untie!!!

Crystal doesn't work exactly like that, although you could create a group from the Vehicle Names, place an on demand subreport in the group level, and have the link (not a hyperlinked field) based on the vehicle.

To make a subreport an on demand subreport, right click the subreport->select the subreport tab->select on demand subreport

Now if they click on the subreport, it will execute for that vehicle.

-k

Thanx synapsevampire. Your post helped a lot.

Bad spellers of the world untie!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back