Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports 8.5 Stored Proc in set location dialog box

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeathHol

Programmer
Jun 3, 2004
GB
Hi,

I am trying to set the location of a stored proc in crystal 8.5. When the set location dialog box appears I can not see my stored proc - why not?

I am using ODBC to connect to the db using a system DSN.
I have checked the stored proc permissions etc. and everything is as expected. The problem lies somewhere in the report.

ANY HELP WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED -

HeathHol

What DB? Some indication might assist us in trying to resolve your dilemma.

Peter.

Hi Peter,

Sorry - I am using SQL Server 2000.

I have found out that if the stored proc is granted public rights I can see it but otherwise not. This is definately not the ideal way of fixing the problem so any ideas will be well received.

If I run this report in crystal reports 9 - I can see the stored procedure WITHOUT public permission...unfortunately for a number of different reasons the users need the report in crystal 8.5

Hope I'm making sense.

Heath

Heath,

I've experienced similar problems on Oracle, but NEVER on SQL Server, for which I've used SP's & CR8.5 extensively.

Have you GRANTED EXEC permissions for the Crystal user on the SP?

Can you see ANY SP's from CR8.5? Perhaps you haven't set the option to display SP's. Just a thought.

Peter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back