Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CRYSTAL REPORTS 8.5: PRINTING PROBLEMS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MariK

MIS
Aug 18, 2001
ZA
Hi,

I am using the CR viewer to view a report created in Crystal reports 8.5 from a VB 6 application. The report opens in a preview and my printer button is enabled. When I hit the printer button the normal box appears asking met to confirm the number of copies ect. After I hit the print button on this box nothing happens.

I have checked my printer and it is not a printer problem.

Can anybody help me with this.

Thanks

Mari

Hi Mari,

There's another dialog that you can use that will let the user select which printer they want to print from, landscape/portrait, etc. I can't remember what its called in the vb app (don't have my laptop in front of me right now), but you can also set the settings for this dialog behind the scenes so the user never sees it. I think its like PrintSetup or something like that. Once I get to work this morning, I'll post the correct code.

Jack

Hi Jack,

I would appreciate it if you could post the correct code. It would be a great help.

Thanks

Mari

Hey Mari,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Try this:

Report.PrinterSetup frmCrystalReports.hWnd

where frmCrystalReports is whatever the form is that has the print button.

Hope this helps,

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back