Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports 8.5 from the web

Status
Not open for further replies.

joseomar

Programmer
Feb 13, 2002
SI
There was a question previously about CR8 from the web. My question is related to CR8.5
Is there a way of executing Crystal Reports from the web easily and without having to use Crystal Enterprise? The problem I am having is that I have a number of reports that I would like users to have access to. ie. to run. but I need to control permissions as to who can see certain reports. CR comes with a version of Crystal Enterprise standard that does not support the creation of users or security levels. If we bought the full product then the problem would be solved, BUT ... It is rather costly !!

Is there an easy way to deploy crystal reports on the web (intranet) so that users can run the reports? OR Is there a runtime version of CR, so that I can place the reports on the network server and allow users to execute the reports using the runtime version?

Any help is much appreciated.

Jose

You can run the reports from an ASP page and there should be code on the install CD to guide you through it, however you are restricted to running 5 reports in any 20 minute period I think so if you use the feature a lot you have to upgrade.

As for the security you could build this in the ASP - we have in the past

BTW. I forgot to mention that the version of CR that we are using is the proffessional and not the developer version. Does this matter if we try to deploy reports over the web using ASP?

Erm - from memory - yes I dont think you get the sample code or the web server plug in in the pro version

Help please, i'm new to crystal reports as well i have the developers edition 8.5. I have created a report *.rpt. I want users to be able to view it on the web. I don't want users to install CRviewer to be able to view my reports. I want the report to be in pure html, and i want the data to be retrieved each time a user views the report. IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back