Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports 8.5 error detected by database dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

wurzel

Technical User
Jun 28, 2001
GB
I have created a Crystal Report in v8.5 which uses Remedy as the ODBC data source. When I run the report from Crystal using the select record expert it works OK. However, when I select the records in Remedy and then run the report it fails with a Crystal error "Error detected by database DLL".

The form I am using is a Remedy Join form, joining 2 schemas.

Wurzel

Dear Wurzel,

I have seen this error in MagicTSD and the issue for them is that the DSN has a different name than the one on the server.

Check to see if that is the issue.

Hope this helps,

ro Rosemary Lieberman
rosemary@microflo.com, Microflo provides expert consulting on MagicTSD and Crystal Reports.

This is not the issue I'm afraid. thanks anyway.

Hi!
This error occurs if the report u create uses a different database and while running the report it uses a different database.
This can be overcome by using Active data from the MoreData sources option and use ADO and build the query.

I think this should help u.

Rgds,
VINewbie

Hi! Sorry... not build query.. its build the connection string...

Hope this helps

Rgds,
VINewbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back