Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports 7 install files

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlieboy

Programmer
Mar 4, 2002
GB
I am designing crystal reports in version 8.5 for MS Great Plains Siebel Front Office. As long as I am working on simple reports there is no problem, however I have to insert a chart into the report.

The only version of crystal reports that charts work in (actually run in GPSFO) is crystal reports version 7.

Does anybody have any ideas? I have looked at on the Crystal web site and have only found 8.5 information. I really would like to get some sort of download for version 7. If is has to be an evaluation version then so be it, although a longer timescale would help.

Thanks,
Paul.

You can, of course, use the 'Save As' option to save the report as version 7 although this does not always work particularly well.

In terms of finding older version, this is not always easy, try looking on Ebay or another such auction site. Steve Phillips, Crystal Consultant

Also try contacting your local Crystal Decisions office, they sometimes have older versions. Steve Phillips, Crystal Consultant

I have attempted the 'Save As' and selecting the Crystal Reports v7. This also fails.

Paul

I've been in the same position many times, you have two options,
1. Source v7 of Crystal from somewhere or
2. Take the report back to a stage where is works in your other system. Then step by step, introduce one chart feature at a time, testing after each. This should highlight the feature that's not supported by v7. You have to decide whether you can live without the feature or not.

In one of my reports I was using the 'datediff' function in a formula and it simply failed when run from a v7 client. Once I'd realised this I changed the formula and the report worked fine. Maybe your problem is related to something other than the chart too? Maybe there's a suitable workaround available as there was for me. Steve Phillips, Crystal Consultant

Unfortunatley it seems that even the most basic of charts (bar, pie or anything) computing on simple totals causes errors. Seems like I will have to source v7.

The best question is where from. I do not want to pay too much for it as this is only a temporary issue with GPSFO.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back