Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal reports 4.5 - BTrieve 2.12

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernbloke

Programmer
Aug 9, 2000
GB
this is a stab in the dark, and straw clutching.

I have some BTR files *DDF files - using the BUTIL app they do look like BTrieve files.

I have a very old btrieve ODBC driver 2.12 (when it was INTERSOLV).

this is all running on Win95 - thats why its all old.
the files were created from our old Helpdesk system and some reports would be useful.
When I try adding a table to a report I am getting errors that the database type is unknown.

I do have win2000, and WinXP available with Crystal Reports 8&9 - Any ideas as to how I would get any of these versions to give me some information.

sorry for the vague request - I dont use Crystal myself, nor do I know a great deal about the BTR/DDF files.

Thanks for any info,
NBloke.

Maybe you could take a look at this thread thread321-499327 there is a reference to a utility that allows you to import and export data from btrieve files. Maybe you can get your data out of Btrieve and into a different database?

Or even do a BUTIL -SAVE

The only thing about that though is that you may have to know your field displacements to get meaningful information.

Hope it helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back