Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal reports 2008 new features

Status
Not open for further replies.

tramck

Instructor
Jul 24, 2002
AU
I have read that there is a new hyperlinking wizard in Crystal reports 2008 but can find no documentation about how this works. How do I use it ? And if you are hyperlinking from one report to another, how are parameters dealt with? Also, how does the new custom zoom factor work and does it only work in specific installation environments?

Actually, I believe this wizard is part of WebIntelligence.

It may be part of Crystal, but I'm not sure.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

I am trying to create a Cross Tab report with Group Top N items, but the total does not come correctly, instead it add all the items total. Can anybody help me resolve this issue? I tried to use running total, but that even did not help me.

Thanks

Please create a new topic and do not post at random in a topic on another subject. This way you may draw more attention. By the way, where are you working with?

Ties Blom

The wizard is integrated into Crystal Reports as well as WebI.
The hyperlink requires that the destination report be published into Business Objects Enterprise..
Essentially, you setup a hyperlink link you normally would in CR, change the hyperlink type to "A website on the internet". A button will be available under "Hyperlink Information", and when you click it, you can pick the report in BOE, and then configure some options and parameter values if your report has them.

~Brian

Thanks

Some other new features I have questions about Crystal reports 2008 are:

1. Is the new custom zoom factor a java or .net component?
2. Can you report off a combination of XML and JDBC?
3. If you are reporting off web services and your connection failed, what would you do to check why your connection failed?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back