Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

crystal report

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnavarro

Programmer
Dec 1, 2003
US
I am using a crystal viewer to display my reports. However, We I try running the report I get this

Database Login
this require me to enter server, login and password. The information that is feeding the report is from a data set.

Here is how I am declare my information
Dim rptPrint As New rptTimeManagement
objInvacare.LoadPartTimeReport()

rptPrint.SetDataSource(objInvacare.DsPartTimeReport1)
crvPending.ReportSource = rptPrint

can someone assist me with how i can auto load the report

From what I remember (over a year ago now), this happenes if your dataset has changed since the report was created. Try refreshing the DataSource in the report.

Ta

Matt

I try refreshing the information but I wasn't able to get the pop up box to disapear. Any other suggestions

Make sure the report is based off XML. I also remember a while back something like this. There was something on CR's website that said something to the effect that if you've changed your data source type and you were having this problem, to try saving the report with a new name with Save As and try it again.

I have try everything that I can.

I have create a dataset which in turns returns information from an Access DB. I am able to update,delete and insert information from the dataset. Now, what I am doing is create a crystal report using the dataset that I have created.

When I create the report, I receive the database login form. I cannot find any information on how to cancel that from happening. Can someone help me with this.

Are you updating the dataset right before you try to use it as the report source? I have received this message at times when I don't fill the dataset before using it as the report source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back