Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal report XI release 2 does not show me the last item in my Sales order for my BOM repot MAS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam1949

Technical User
Jan 25, 2005
US
Hello All,

I created a report with Crystal Reports XI release 2 to print a Bill Of Materials Components for each Item
in my Sales Order from MAS200 4.5

I am using the following tables:
SO_SalesOrderWrk table for the Item Numbers in the Sales order
CI_Item table to get the Item number description and
BM_BillDetail to get the breakdown of the components, Waste factor and Cost for Each Item.

In my SO I have 4 item lines each line refers to an Item Number and I have 4 different item numbers in the Sales Order
in my report I print one page for every Item Number in the Sales order, everything works well but I can not get it to print
the last Item Number (I should get 4 pages but I only get 3 pages and the last page with the last Item number never gets generated)
it is like the report is not reading all the items to the end.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Good day to all.

Adam Sr.

If you link table A to table B, details present in table A but not table B will not be printed. Is that it?

The normal way round is a Left Outer link, which can be set using Database Expert > Links. It won't work if you also have a selection test on table B items, unless you start with an IsNull test.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Hi Madawc, thank you for your feedback,

The report itself its working fine, and shows me all the item lines in the report,
but when I added a Sub Report to it I was getting all the lines minus one,
after so many changes I decided to delete the Sub Report and the main report shows me
all the lines again, maybe the link i had was wrong, it seems that with the Sub Report
it stops reading before the last record for that Sales Order.

I will try to insert a new Sub Report and set a new link.
I had the Sub Report inserted in the ItemCode group before the Detail section, maybe I'll try
inserting it in the footer of the ItemCode Group

I'll keep you all informed.

Thanks.

Hello All,

Now I know for sure it is my Sub Report the problem, when I remove the link, the report generates
all the items (1 Page per item) but when I link the report with the Sub Report I only get 3 items (1 page per item)
it doesn't matter if I have 4 or 5 or 6 items in the sales order, I only get 3 pages.

I need to learn more about how to link the select fields to the Sub Report.

Any Help to lead me to the right direction is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards.

OK Finally I got it working,

It was my Sub Report Link, I had accepted the suggested parameter when i first created the sub report
and I thought it was ok because everything was displaying correct,

Now i corrected the parameters of the link and everything works ok.

Thanks to all.

Thanks for putting on record the solution, so that it may be useful to others.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Hello Madawc,

Maybe I spoke to soon, althought the report is know producing a page for each item in the Sales Order
It is also icluding the coments "/C", Can you shed some light how and where I would filetr the selection
I though of using the select expert but the Sales Order passes the selection fom within.
The problem is that it prints a page for each comment and I have to dispose of those in the Recycling Bin (Trash Can)

I am thinking of a filter, Select all for IemCode <> "/C", or While ItemCode <> "/C"
but I can't think of the place where I should put the filter, I kind of Blank out
on this one.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards.

Hello All,

My report is finally working, as a matter of fact I got it working as of August 27th,
but I wanted to make sure that everything came out as I expected and it does now.

Here's waht I did just in case someone needs to know how to do it.:
Using the Section Expert I selected the Group Header #1 (Which is where I group all my items)
And inseted a fourmula in the "Suppress (No Drill Down)" Note: Leave the check box unchecked.

In the Formula Workshop:

WhilePrintingRecords;
if {SO_SalesOrderWrk.ItemType} = "1" then
False //(Does the Drill Down)
Else
True // (Supresses the drill down) so I only get my Items of type 1
****Save it and go to the Next Step
By the way do the same for the Group Footer #1

===== Thats it for Group Header #1 and Group Footer #1 Sections

In the Details Section I inseted a fourmula in the "Suppress (No Drill Down)" Note: Leave the check box unchecked.
Note: this is the same as the formula above but for Basic Sintax

WhilePrintingRecords
if {SO_SalesOrderWrk.ItemType} = "1" then
formula = False '(Does the Drill Down)
Else
formula = True ' (Supresses the drill down) so I only get my Items of type 1
End if

===== That's it for the Detail Section
Page Footer Section I suppressed (No Drill Down) Check the Checkbox

I Hope this Helps someone facing the same issue.

Best Regards
[bigsmile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back