Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report XI basic questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bschand

Programmer
Jun 9, 2006
IN
I have list of basic questions related to Crystal Report XI version. Could you please help me to identify the result for these questions?

Here are the list:

1) Can we override SQL, which is created by Crystal Report XI by default based on our design template?
2) If we can override, can we introduce procedural syntax to implement dynamic SQL?
3) Can we call stored procedure to return result set of query that can be used at report level?
4) Dynamic filtering / sorting option at report viewer level (at Web)?
5) Can we download report in csv format?
6) Can we schedule report via report infoviewer level (at Web)?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Thanks,
Chandru

This isn't really my area, but since no one else has answered, I'll try.

Crystal will always generate SQL, based on the tables (datasets) that you choose and link and based on some of the record selection statements. I don't think there is any way to override this.

What you can do is to include your own SQL as a Stored Procedure. Please use SEARCH to get details.

As for Can we download report in csv format?, I'm not sure I follow. You can Export as CSV, File > Export.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Thanks Madawc for your response.

When I do explore crystal report XI options, I could find out the following answers:

1) We can override SQL query. This can be done using the following steps:
-> Select ODBC(RDO) datasource at Data Expert level
-> Link to DB (using DSN or connectstring method)
-> You will see "Add Command" option once connection is setup
-> Double click on Add Command, a new window will be opened where you can write free hand sql, you can use your user input parameter, you can use procedural syntax..
-> This way we can implement dynamic sql also
This facility is not supported for all databases. I believe Oracle and SQL Server supporting this functionality.

thanks,
chandru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back