Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report won't display in CRViewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobtheDog

Programmer
Jan 28, 2003
US
I'm stumped on this. I can't get Crystal reports to display in the crviewer. I'm using VB.Net 2003 version and Windows XP. I set up a test project with only a simple report, strongly typed. The CrViewer displays but no report. Two of my coworkers ran it on their machines and it works fine. If anyone could just give me any idea of what to look at, I would very much appreciate it.
Thanks
Bill

Not sure if this will help with your issue. But I was recently having problems with my CRViewer. Installing this patch fixed my issue.

Be sure that you have access to the original Crystal Installation files or disk if you decide to use these patches. After you install the patch the Crystal Installer will run the first time you intitiate Crystal.

JP

Thanks for responding, JP. I updated all the service packs that applied and still no change. I don't get any error message(s), just a blank viewer. I may try uninstalling and reinstalling everything. It just seems like too simple of a process not to work.
Bill

I just upgraded to Crystal Reports version 10 and things seem to be working fine. Now I can get on to more normal problems.

From what I have read while researching my issue, there were some problems with the CRViewer in previous versions.

Glad the upgrade helped. I'll keep that in mind.

-JP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back