Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report Web Report Licencing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mseyrafi

Programmer
Oct 26, 2001
CA
Does any one know what kind of licencing is required when implementing web reports using Crystal Reports? On their web site it indicates that it comes with 5 concurent user licences. Does this apply to prefab reports?

Crystal Enterprise come in two versions, standar and professional, only in the professional version is possible include web reports, and the licenses required to do this are either concurrent or named licenses

We are also looking at purchasing Crystal Reports. We would like to embed custom reports into a Java application we are developing (SQL server Database). They recommended Crystal Reports ver. 8.5 with 5 concurrent users and 10 named users, $451 per server. This sounds very reasonable... am I missing something? I've been told that there are very high costs to add additional users, and/or "broadcast fees". Let me know if you've experienced the bait and switch from them, or if this is all we can expect to spend. Thanks!

You should read this thread in the General Forum:
thread149-64619

The following link explains the difference between standard and pro:

My understanding is that Broadcast fees apply when you distribute report output or when you distribute a report that includes output. This doesn't apply to people who are running the report from a web page. Running a report requires the report or web engine, and that is covered under named/concurrent license.
Your number sounds low, but it depends on several factors:
Are you using CR Enterprise?
Is the $451 per server supposed to cover both named and concurrent use?
How many servers are you talking about?
The first 5 concurrent users of Enterprise (Standard) are supposed to be free.

Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back