Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report - Tool Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZSJ

Programmer
Aug 19, 2005
US
Hi,
How can I remove the tool tip that appears in a Crystal Report preview. When I move the cursor over a subreport a tool tip appears.
I'm using Crystal reports that come along with Visual Studio .NET.
The EnableDrilldown property = false just does not open the subreport but stil displays the tooltip on the subreport.
Thanks in advance.
-ZS

You didn't mention what version of Crystal you are using, but in version 9.0 you can click on "view", move down to "tool tips" and check or uncheck "Design" and "Preview".

MrBill

This is a big problem using Crystal Reports for VS.NET (By the way, I think the bundled version is a build of CR 9 ). You'll have to open the Format Editor for each field on the report by right clicking the field and choosing Format. Then click on the formula button for "Tool Tip Text" (it's the button that says x-2 with a pencil). This will open the formula editor, and you want to enter the following formula:

Formula = chr(9) (this is using "Basic Syntax")

or

Formula = "THis is a ToolTip" (if you want to enter your own tooltip)

Sadly there is no way to suppress all tooltips easily (IE without editing every object on the report)

Unfortunately I don't think you set the the Tool Tips to null at runtime using VS2003. The code supplied there uses the Report Designer Component, but I'm pretty sure you can't use that with the bundled version for VS. You would need the actual CR 8.5, and would need to use the RDC instead of the .Net Report Object Model.

Using .Net it should look like

Dim oReportObject as CrystalDescisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportObject
Dim oReport as MyReport (Name of the .rpt file you created in the desinger)

Unless you're crazy enough to use VS2005 Beta, in which case apparently it's easy.

for each oReportObject in oReport.ReportDefinition.ReportObjects

oReport. 'wish there was a property to set the tooltip

Next

But I don't think there is any way to set the ReportObjects Tooltip property. If there is, somebody please tell me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back