Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal report scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.

beginner2008

Technical User
Aug 30, 2011
US
Hey can anybody tell me how to stop the crystal reports running in particular time to be stopped for some period and rerun them. We can do it manually but i got too many reports.....Can anybody suggest me how to do them ?
Also how can we get the list that is running in certain time?

Which version are you using? In BO XI 3.x and Crystal Server 22008 here is an Instance Manager link in the CMC. In there do the followin:

1. Select "Next Run Time" and set the start and end times to the time period you're looking for.
2. Set the Status to "Pending".
3. Click on "Find" - this will show all of the reports that are scheduled for that timeframe.
4. Select the reports you want to pause. You can select multiple reports using Shift-Click or CTRL-Click.
5. Click on the "Actions" menu and select "Pause".

When you're ready to run the reports, go back to the Instance Manager and do the following:

1. Set the Status to "Paused".
2. Click on "Find".
3. Select the reports to run.
4. Click on "Actions" and select "Resume".

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

I don't have an XI system handy to look at, but look at the Admin Launchpad - I think there's an instance manager type tool there. I don't remember if it will do this same type of thing, though.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back