Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report running SQL stored procedure three times. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganeshrvs

Programmer
Feb 15, 2002
IN
Viewing a Report in Netscape using SmartViewerJava.asp. I am assigning the Connection String (Stored Procedure with Parameter) for the Session("oRpt") in the runtime and executing the report. For some reports it is displaying the report correctly. But when I am analyzing the database operations through SQL Profiler, I found the same Stored
Procedure has executed three times. I am opening the Record Set only once.I have not used the Reset button. Why crystral Report executed the Stored Procedure three times??

Do you have subreports?

The only other thing I can think of is the stored proc is getting initialised or whatever but I dont know the details of how the sql communication goes on - you could try the report outside in crystal to see if it connects 3 times as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back