Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal report run on Windows ME occurred error

Status
Not open for further replies.

qilong

Technical User
Dec 9, 2001
MY
I'm using the crystal report and using microsoft visual basic to make my program. All the code are test and the results are correct. However when i install the program in Windows ME, some errors had occurred.

The error message:
Chequems has caused an error in MSJET40.dll
Chequems will now close.

The error message:
Chequems has caused an error in KERNEL32.dll
Chequems will now close.

Was the VB program created on Windows ME ? In other words are you creating it under one operating system and installing on another ?

Boggg1
[bigglasses]

thanks for your reply. i create the VB program using Windows 98 and i also create the installation using InstallShield, the program can install properly by when i choose the report, the error message come out. Do you have any ideas why this happen?

I'm afarid the detail is out of my league but it looks like your Windows 98 construction of the installation package (using Installshield) is including a file which is not Windows ME compatible. You will need to compile it on a system running Windows ME or later (and even then there can be version problems when you switch between Windows versions).

Or you will have to get into the detail of what .dll file is compatible with what Windows version. In that direction, madness lies.

Do you have VBA on ME somewhere within reach ?

Boggg1
[bigglasses]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back