Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report problem accessing Access 2000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbrowne

Programmer
Feb 1, 2000
IE
Hi,<br>I am using the version of Crystal Reports that comes with Visual Basic 5 (I think its CR 4.6.1).I need to access a 'Microsoft Access 2000' database but I am getting an 'unrecognizable Database Format' error. I think that this<br>is due to Access not being backward compatable with Crystal. Is there any sort of a compatability layer program that can be used to get these two packages talking to each other or has anyone any other suggestions how to solve this problem ??<br>

I'm having the same problem. I've searched the Seagate software site but I couldn't find a patch.

<br>Access 2000 uses jet 4.0 driver and may be that version of crystal report is not using a compatible driver for accessing the database. U can try to change the driver.<br><br>

Hi,<br><br>I had precisiely the same problem a few weeks ago.&nbsp;&nbsp;The necessary driver to allow CR 4.6.1.0 to communicate with Access2000 is available from the Microsoft web site.<br><br>Regards

I'm trying to make a report using a table that's built at run time in Access and I can't figure out how to do it.&nbsp;&nbsp;I also need to know how to add an extra field after creating all the settings when I first set up a new report.

Mans,

Thanks for telling us that something can be worked out with Crystal 4.6 and Access 2000. But I'm having difficulty finding what I need from Microsoft, so do you think you could post a link to the page where the necessary driver is?

Thanks,

Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back